1957 Morgan Plus 4 Four Seater
1957 Morgan Plus 4 Four-Seater
Almost everyone can instantly recognise a Morgan - Quintessentially British and oozing traditionalism, and still built in Malvern, the Morgan Motor Company has been in existence since 1909.
The ‘Plus Four’ first appeared in 1950, initially powered by a 2.1 litre Standard Vanguard engine and featured a wider strengthened 4/4 chassis and for the first time on a Morgan, hydraulic brakes were fitted.
From 1953 an updated version was introduced, fitted with the Triumph TR2 1991cc engine which gave improved performance, whilst the radiator gained a sloping cowl, giving a more modern appearance. From 1955, the TR3 engine was fitted.
Presented here is a Four Seat version, first registered in 1957, although apparently built in 1956.
Notes supplied include some early history showing the car was returned to the Factory for various works to be carried out. The original RF60 buff logbook is supplied along with a considerable number of bills etc. An engine rebuild was undertaken in November 2015 and only around 1000 miles are reported to have been covered subsequently. The gearbox was also overhauled during April 2016.
The Four Seat version is surprisingly practical as the rear seat area can also be used to carry ample luggage if just two people are touring.
A well-maintained example, this Morgan is ready for enjoyable Summer motoring.
For initial enquiries and to arrange your appointment to view please contact us on 01420-474919 or 07710-364945.
Viewing strictly by prior appointment please.
Delivery can be arranged at very competitive rates.