1968 Gilbern Genie
Gilbern Sports Cars was founded in 1959 in Pontypridd, Wales. As production got under way it became necessary for larger premises to be sought and the company was to eventually offer ready built cars as well as those in kit form.
Gilberns began to prove their worth in competition and were to become a familiar sight in hillclimbs, sprints and club racing.
Their first car, the Gilbern GT was initially powered by either BMC 'A' Series engines, or the 1100cc Coventry Climax unit. Also available was the 1600 MGA unit and finally came the 1800 GT, using MGB power.
In 1966, a new larger model was introduced. Known as the Genie, this new car made its debut at the Earls Court Motor Show and was available with Ford 3 litre V6 or 2.5 litre power units. By 1968, the 2.5 litre version as discontinued as most buyers favoured the larger engine.
Offered here is a 1969 example of the Genie, which has had just two owners from new and has been in the second owner's hands for the past 38 years. During this time it has undergone a continual programme of improvement, refurbishment and meticulous care.
Finished in British Racing Green with light tan interior, the car was originally factory built and registered in Hampshire. It bears the distinctive registration ROR 17G.
There is a vast amount of documentation with the vehicle, showing the extensive amount of work that has been carried out over the years. There are also manuals, along with press articles featuring the car.
A delight to drive, being sure footed and having very brisk acceleration, it is an extremely usable and versatile car, being a comfortable four seater GT with ample luggage space for touring and events. A rare chance to acquire an example of this highly regarded motor car that has been fastidiously maintained and is well known to the Gilbern Owners' Club.
For more information please call me on 01420-474919 or 07710-364945
Viewing strictly by appointment please.